Sunday, November 13, 2005

random thoughts ... in no particular order

22 days left of student teaching!

school counselors are some of the neatest people (at least the one at Lincoln Elementary is a huge blessing!)

I love going to a school where I know my professors and other classmates are praying for me... I have discovered just this week how many people on campus know some of the things I have been going through this semester and have been praying for me... what a blessing!

I am getting paid for tomorrow because my supervising teacher will be gone so I am the sub :)

I graduate from college in less than six months and have no idea what I will be doing (I have been offered a summer job ... that I might accept... but beyond that....)

My senior presentation is in two weeks and I am not nearly finished with it (Thanksgiving Break will definately be a time to finish!)

I never thought I would like the name Miss Ray... but hearing little children I love call me that is so sweet!

Next semester I have no classes on Friday (and only one class on Monday and Wednesday!)

I will also only be taking 14 credits... Until this point I have taken at least 17 credits

The school counselor has offered me the use of her office to come and have lunch with my students next semester whenever I want because she doesn't want them to lose my influence.

Book orders have got to be the most addicting things... I love getting new childrens books!.... good thing I am taking childrens lit next semester so I can start to organize them

As a result of classroom management issues I have spent a lot of time thinking about God's discipline and grace... if we are supposed to be like Christ, the way I discipline students must have some scriptural basis... I can't overtly tell them about God but I can show them Christ in my actions!

I love having a kitchen to use whenever I desire

I really want to move into the inner city... but actually doing it is a little scary...

My roomate and I are going to ruin our voices because of the funny tones we continually talk to each other in... if only she would sleep we could stop the game :)

I have officially dealt with my first migraine while teaching ("Miss Ray you don't look like you feel well" "Miss Ray don't throw up" no worries I didn't... but I did feel and I am sure look awful I made it through teaching the last 45 minutes of the day and then it was off to bed for Miss Ray)

Grace College has no control over where student teachers are placed... which explains a lot of the questions in my mind about my placement.

So there you have it... that is my life at this point :) Have a blessed day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home