Friday, January 20, 2006

random thoughts

~ I really enjoy college life

~ I am going to be sad to graduate in May

~ However, graduation day will be exciting!

~ I like going to a Christian college

~ Chapels are one of my favorite things about my school

~ Chapel times are always challenging ~ this past week and this coming week are "Spiritual Discipline Weeks" in chapel, so chapels have been especially challenging!

~ I hope that some weekend soon I can stay on campus for the whole weekend

~ I wish I knew exactly what was next for me in life

~ I am glad God knows exactly what is next for me in life

~ 24 (on Fox) is a wonderful show! - if you haven't seen it, it is on at 8 on Monday nights... watch two episodes and see if you aren't addicted

~ it seems that no one reads my blog... or those that do simply have no thoughts about my previous comment ... thanks to the providers of spam comments though!

~ I have been thinking about the previous entry a lot. I was thinking about it even before I read that quote. If I am reading that quote correctly Edward's is arguing that if you are not part of the visible church (a church member?) you are part of the kingdom of satan. Because of a lot of things I have been thinking about church membership (things = studying fellowship/community issues for a seminar I co-led, reading a recommended book called "Stop Dating the Church", struggling with para-church organizations in light of scripture, and a pastor who came along right after all these things occured and challenged me to join a church). So when I came across Edward's writing on this subject it challenged me even more.

~ Really I write because it helps me think ... but if you do read this and have any thoughts on the previous post I would love to hear them!

~ Well those are my random thoughts for the day!

1 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 05:41:00 pm, Blogger Katie said...

I read your blog whenever I remember to check to see if its updated. Sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes I check it to often.
Last Monday I saw 24 for the first time and it only took one episode to get me hooked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home