Monday, March 13, 2006

Windy Day

Well I am back at school after my last spring break as a college student. It is good to be back and see friends. I know I am going to miss living in this type of a setting when I graduate. It is nice to be able to walk down the hall and see many of my close friends. It is good to come back and hear about everyone's break and just connect again.
Today was one of my favorite types of days weather wise. It was windy and in the 60's... but tomorrow it is going to be COLD and windy :( oh well...

Over break I found the mom of a girl I worked with at the mission is in the hospital not doing well. She is the only believer in her family and has asked that we pray for her witness during this time. There is a lot of tension between various people in the family and she feels caught in the middle but wants to be a witness for Christ in the midst. Pray also that her mom would recover.

I applied to four schools over break. Three are charter schools - two of those three are opening this fall so they need a complete staff. I am also in the process of applying for a Christian school. Christian school apps are so much more complicated than any of my others. Right now I working on the essay section... eight questions that I really have to think to answer. Hopefully it will be finished by the end of the week.

I have been making a new friend the last couple weeks. I had a friend tell me a couple years ago I should get to know this man, but I hadn't taken the time. I was at the library and decided to pick up his book The Confessions and get to know St. Augustine. As I have read this book I have realized how quickly I give up on God when I see people I love turn away from God. Augustine's mom prayed for him and never gave up as he continually lived in rebellion to God. Eventually Augustine did come back to faith and was greatly used by God. This book has encouraged me to not give up, but to continually come to God with my prayers. It is also really good to read his words and see how he interweaves scripture into his prayer. This book is quickly becoming a favorite.

3 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 04:08:00 am, Blogger Charity said...

I had a friend tell me a couple years ago I should get to know this man, but I hadn't taken the time.

And I was getting excited there, Hannah! You could've told me he was DEAD! :-P

 
At 3/22/2006 11:59:00 am, Blogger Katie said...

lol I thought he was a live person too at first. I should read about St. Augustine sometime.

 
At 3/22/2006 07:33:00 pm, Blogger rayhe said...

sorry Charity... no need to get excited, I plan on being single for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home