Saturday, April 01, 2006

Blessings

This past week I went into career services and rewrote my resume. After going into career services I was wishing I hadn't sent any applications out yet because my new resume is 10 times better than my old one. It was really amazing because the new resume has the same information about my experiences, it just explains them much better. After leaving career services I was a little bummed because I had already sent several applications. I was wishing that I had waited and sent my new resume. Well today mom called me and said that an application had been returned because the address did not exist. After looking up addresses we found the correct address. This means that I was able to include my new resume in this application. It is also the school that I am currently leaning towards. It is the only Christian school to which I have applied, and part of me really wants to work there. Now they will see the best side of me, instead of the ok side.

Last night my roomate and I had a lot of fun talking (after we had turned the lights out:) Then we had a wonderful morning (afternoon? day?) of running errands together. I love hanging out with her, being goofy, and yet still being able to have good serious talks. I know I am going to miss living with her after graduation.

I had a good talk with mom this afternoon about finding a job. It is always nice to know how much someone is praying for me to find the perfect job.

I am ready to leave Grace College and I am happy. Coming into the year I was afraid I wouldn't be ready to leave at the end. So I am thankful that I am truly ready to move on.

I found shoes to wear to interviews... they were $7 at wally world. They are black square toed shoes with a small heel. I think I can walk around on them for a whole day. I was excited because I needed a pair of shoes like this but all of the shoes I was finding that would work cost a lot more.

I have my graduation Regalia (cap and gown, I have found out many have never heard that word). My hood has light blue trim (Teacher Education colors) and then is red and white on the inside (our school colors).

I have an interview with my first choice of a school on Grace's teacher recruitment day.

It is spring! Last night we slept with the windows open because it was so warm in our apartments. This morning I woke up to birds singing and a cool breeze... it made me feel as though I was camping.

I am still loving my new guy friend (wink wink Charity :)) I have just gotten to the point in The Confessions in which St. Augustine is coming to know Christ. It is a wonderful book!

Well... I could keep going... but since we are losing an hour tonight due to daylight savings time, I must be heading to bed soon.

Always remember Philippians 4:6-7!

2 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 02:49:00 am, Blogger Charity said...

lol glad you're loving your new guy friend, Hannah! ;-) Now to find you one who isn't DEAD already!

I commented on the post below, as well.

 
At 4/06/2006 06:54:00 pm, Blogger rayhe said...

dead friends are so much easier than live ones... you don't have to remember their birthdays... they never leave a mess you have to clean up... they never talk back when you fight with them... you never have to wait for them to finish in the bathroom...

Just kidding :) Life would be boring without friends who were still breathing. But I do enjoy my dead friends also!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home