Monday, April 10, 2006

:)

I am feeling very introspective today. Perhaps it is due to trying to answer all these sample questions for the teacher recruitment day I am going to tomorrow. Some of the questions are a little ridiculous

Examples - and possible answers...
Do you have a sense of humor?
... um.... no life is serious, I don't believe in laughing ...
... um... yes everything that happens is so funny I spend my life laughing...
... um... yes in fact when I sat down to talk to you I almost laughed out loud because of....
... um... I believe it is a sin to laugh. We weren't put here to have fun...
... um... no I was baptized with lemon juice so my lips are forever frozen in the sour face...
What has been your biggest challenge in life?
... well... when I turned six I really wanted to be in the same math book as my big brother so I spent the next couple weeks working through my first math book and caught up with him.
... um... beating Anna R at a game of boggle
... hiding from the guys in the white lab coats
... trying to end world hunger
Are you a good student?
... no I hate school and everything that goes with it... which is exactly why I chose to be a teacher
... I am the model student, if everyone was like me this world would be a better place
What author has influenced you recently?
... St. Augustine
... J.K. Rowling
... Dorothy Sayers
... Dr. Seuss
... F. Scott Fitzgerald
What question would you want to be asked?
... wait I thought you were the one doing the interview????
... Which came first the Chicken or the egg?
... How did the chicken cross the road?
... What would you do if a student was sitting in the coat closet making monkey noises while you were trying to teach a math lesson?
... Compare the job of a teacher and the job of a zoo keeper.
What school system would you most want to work in?
... um the one that is going to let me teach children...
... Well since I am talking to you right now yours... but in a few minutes during my next interview it is going to be the school over there.

Seriously what in the world do these people want to hear?

Then there are the questions that are good questions but I don't know how to answer. The most important one of course is the - Why should we hire you? - question. I don't know maybe you shouldn't. I think I would make a good teacher which is why I am pursuing this career... but maybe you don't.
I am really bad at this selling myself thing which is what I am supposed to do in interviews. Today is interview preparation day for me because tomorrow is the wonderful teacher recruitment day. I wish someone would just offer me a job. I don't think I am going to be good at this networking/interviewing thing.

My sisters and Ellen Edwards came and visited this weekend. We had a fun time complete with watching a wonderful play (Somethings Afoot - a comedic murder mystry), taking a wonderful walk around the lake, playing the question game in the car, going to my wonderful church, and having fun with everyone up here. I enjoyed it!

Well I must get back to analyzing my life skills... "what are three words to describe yourself?" um... yeah... anyway have a blessed day!

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 03:08:00 am, Blogger Charity said...

LOL! Hannah that post was absolutely hysterical!! What silly questions...and what great answers! Hmm...3 words to describe Hannah Ray...

very overly-paranoid always.
sweet but weird.
a big sister.

The list could go on and on... ;-)

 
At 4/20/2006 02:35:00 pm, Blogger rayhe said...

Charity ... you are so funny...
Those three descriptions are exactly why I haven't asked you to be my reference... I much prefer these people who think I am good with kids, can manage a classroom, have good pedagogical skills, and am a passionate teacher...
yeah I didn't come up with three words... fortunately I wasn't asked that question. I probably would have said something along the lines of compassionate, hard-working, and a life time learner... but I don't know

 

Post a Comment

<< Home