Thursday, April 27, 2006

Words of Comfort

Tonight was the last night for my Classroom Assessment class. The prof ended by talking about plans. She told us something that "some of us might think isn't very comforting, but some of us will understand why it is a comfort." The words were words that are a comfort and it was a great reminder. She told us that it is ok if we don't have our life figured out because we aren't really in control of it anyway. However, we serve a God who is in control and has a plan for our life. It is so comforting to know that I am not in control of my life, because if I was, I would be sick with worry. Since I serve a God who is in charge of all things I can "present my requests to God" and His peace will guard my heart and mind (Philippians 4:6-7). I am so thankful for that peace God provides!

I thought I would share a quote from my guy friend so all of you could get to know him a little more. Charity seems to have something against him just because he is dead. Maybe this will help to convince her of his worth.

"Yea, the very pleasures of human life men acquire by difficulties, not those only which fall upon us unlooked for, and against our wills, but even by self-chosen, and pleasure seeking trouble."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home