Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Hunt

Yesterday my roomie and I went off hunting. We knew what we needed and didn't think it would be hard to find... unfortunately it was a little more difficult than anticipated. I have been struggling with what to wear to graduation because what I planned to wear looked funny under my regalia when I went to have my formal picture taken and I have realized that I haven't bought any summer dress clothes in a long time because I have worked at camp and gone to church there most of my summers since I have been in college. So yesterday we went shopping. I found a beautiful skirt at Kohls. It is white with black flowers. Well I figured I could easily find a white shirt to go with it. Well we had no luck and Jewel needed to get back to study. So last night Jess and I went shopping again. Jess found a whole rack of white shirts at the second store we went to (after I tried on many, many shirts) and it looked really cute. So now I have a beautiful graduation outfit!

The series of "lasts" has begun. I went to my last church service here this morning. I had my last lunch in Alpha Dining Hall.

We have generally finalized our plans for the week. Through Wednesday we all have finals. Thursday is packing day. Friday morning we are going to finish packing and begin preparing dinner for our families. Friday afternoon we have graduation rehearsal. After rehearsal we are going to make dinner for our families, then go to the presidential reception dessert. After the dessert Jewel and I will come back, finish packing and cleaning, and then check out of our apartment between 9 and 10. Then Jess, Jewel, and I are going to drive up to South Bend to pick up Jewel's boyfriend from the airport. Hopefully we will be back and in bed at a somewhat decent hour. Saturday we have to be at graduation at 8.

THEN AT 9:00 A.M. MY COLLEGE GRADUATION CEREMONY BEGINS!
This is the plan for the end of my college career. However, Jewel and I were just talking yesterday about the accident involving a semi and students from Taylor this past week. At least one of those students was a senior. She was looking forward to graduation just as we are. She probably was planning her last few days of college life. In an instant she entered eternity. It makes us think about James warning to not boast about tomorrow.
Come Now you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit", whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
James 4: 13 - 16
So these plans are our plans for the end of college, but they will only be fulfilled if the Lord wills it. Please remember to pray for the families and friends of those killed and injured in the Taylor accident!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home