Tuesday, May 02, 2006

As we go on...

At 2:30 this afternoon I walked out of my last class as an undergraduate student. It really hasn't quite hit me. I know I am grduating and not coming back, but part of me still thinks I will move back here this fall and go to school. I can't quite believe that I will actually be done with school. Seriously I have been in school my whole life. Is there really life beyond it? Well I guess I will still be in school, hopefully, I will just be the teacher now.

As this part of my life ends, I wonder what the future holds for me. As I was thinking about this last night God brought to mind Psalm 71: 15 -18.
My Mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
I will go in the strength of the Lord God;
I will make mention of Your righteousnes, of Yours only.
Oh God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.
The power of those verses just hit me. I don't know what I will be doing, but I want to share the truth of God's wonderous works with this generation. I don't know where I will be doing that. I don't know who I will be doing it with. But I know that is what I want to do.
The other day Jess mentioned Vitamin C's Graduation Song. That song came out the year we graduated from high school and was her class's song. Ever since that song has been going through my head. Those words and the tune of the song haunt me a little. They are so sad. However, as I think about the friendships here, I know there is so much truth to them. I have made friends here that even as we go on and our lives change and we don't see each other, we will be friends forever. And our friendships are really going to be forever because we have the same savior who is preparing an eternal home for us where there won't be anymore good-byes. Until that time, no matter what we are doing, my prayer is my friends here and my friends at home will be proclaiming our savior to this generation. ... and of course some of us have a little vacation planned on a tenth wedding anniversary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home