Friday, May 12, 2006

A Freshman in Life

My first week as a freshman in life is coming to an end. Mary informed me last weekend that since I was a college graduate I was now a freshman in life. I sure feel like a freshman in something. Insurance decisions, job applications, and questions on what to do all require answers that I just don't have. Seems a lot like my freshman year of college :).

The week leading up to graduation was fun. There were some wonderful pranks played by some guys on campus. Some of the pranks were a little destructive and most broke the rules in some way (like being out after curfew), but they entertained us as we sat on the balcony of the apartment. Later I heard even more from a friend on campus safety who sat on the roof of one of the buildings and radioed to officers on the ground where students were. So campus safety was having as much fun with it as we were.

Graduation was wonderful. I got to wear funny clothes and stand around. Then I got to walk across the stage and was handed my diploma! Afterwards my family (well my parents, aunt, and Shawna and Travis since everyone else was too busy :)) went to lunch with Holly's family. Then I stopped by my wonderful roomie's (aka goofy) open house and later Sara's. I made it home without falling asleep (oh boy did I need that Starbucks in Kokomo though... I thought I was going to fall asleep while I was driving since we had been up late the night before with Jewel's boyfriend).

In my first week of being an "adult" (someone actually referred to me as an adult since I had graduated), I have kept busy mainly with applying for jobs. I also met with session to join southside, talked with a family I might nanny for this summer, applied for insurance since I get kicked off my parents next month (what insurance company only gives college graduates one month to find new insurance? Most of my friends have till the end of the summer!), and substitute taught one day. Oh and of course I had to unload my car and move back into my room. Mary was very nice and had space for me to put my stuff this year. So we are both moved comfortably into the room! Who knows how long I will be living there, but for now I am moved in!

2 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 10:38:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i'm always very nice, your the jerky one!

your lover

ha bet you can't guess who this is!

 
At 5/13/2006 07:58:00 am, Blogger rayhe said...

Anonymous, you must be the person asleep in the top bunk of my room :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home